Tuesday 18 August 2015

MY PEN






My pen,
May be my doing or undoing,
You should therefore not judge me,
Judge my pen.
I am not me, 
I am my pen;
I may be black ,but my pen blue,
So whatever I write is not black but blue,
I write...



My pen,
It scribbles and nibbles its way
All over the paper
Leaving legacies and efficacies.
Sometimes it weaves
A complex web,
That entangles you
But also entangles me!
I am at its mercy;
I cannot control it...
But I know I have to control it!
By Moderation Munywoki Martin Must say,
I stop writing...


















But you my reader notes,
And feels the incomplete note,
In a sad tone, you note
That the tone should be toned to the end,
I write...

My pen 
Sometimes it oozes writing very neat,
You comment that it is well-knit,
You relish the writing
But do you relish my knitting?
No! You shouldn't;
Because it is my pen,
It is not my den,
I write...


In Comrades Forum,
Judge not my surname,
It is my pen,
That makes your affection for me wither,
Like a serpent slither,
I write...


My pen,
My pen is my thoughts,
I am not me,
But my thoughts.
Kikuyu, Luo, Kalenjin, Kamba...am not,
I am my thoughts,
I think...

By James Njenga

No comments:

Post a Comment